Architecture: Genome Architects

I love the idea of privacy or even hiding away in rooms off rooms. As a child I remember staying in my aunts old home in Berry that had a small door in the lounge room which lead in to a small room overlooking the garden. Small and out of the way rooms like attics or even walk in robes just seem more secretive and interesting.

I lived in a house where the front door pretty much opened into the well used lounge room. I hated it.

So when I read about this house designed by Genome Architects and Design I was fascinated with their concept of drawing rooms - or a room off another room. However, I am not convinced that this would support the functionality of the home in terms of storage or daily movement.

Perhaps the concept does not lend itself to such a strict geometric floor plan?

more




0 comments:

Post a Comment